Here's a batch of photos of artists on the final day of the King Biscuit Festival in Helena, which was cut short by an electrical storm meaning that the headliners on both main stages (Bobby Rush and Delbert McClinton) did not appear. Also some pix of various events around Clarksdale where we stayed.
1. Big George Brock at Helena.
2. Bob Stroger on the main stage.
3. Not all acts attracted big crowds: Scott Kirby performed to one man and a dog on the Budweiser Lockwood-Stackhouse Stage.
4. David Kimbrough Jr on the Front Porch Stage.
5. The Kenny 'Beedy Eyes' Smith Band, featuring (L-R) Bob Margolin, Omar Coleman, Bob Stroger, with Kenny on drums.
6. Nick Nixon with the Andy T band.
7. Steel guitarist Sonny Rhodes.
8. Veteran harmonica player James Cotton.
9. On to Clarksdale now and some of the acts we saw in and around the town. Here is 87 year old Cadillac John at Red's.
10. Also at Red's, here's Al 'Big A' Sherrod.
11. Here is James 'Super Chickan' Johnson at Ground Zero.
12. Super Chikan with the keyboard player in his all female band.
13. This is the Queen of Beale Street, Ruby Wilson.
14. Here's one of me with Ruby.
15. Playing on the streets of Clarksdale on Sunday morning, here is Leo 'Bud'Welch.
16. Here's one of me with Teddy Johnson, owner of Teddy's Juke Joint in Zachary, La, who was visiting.
17. This is Robert 'Bilbo' Walker.
18. Bilbo's guitar.
19. One of many blues artists playing at Hopson's Plantation for the Pinetop Perkins Homecoming on Sunday was Kenny Brown. I was there is 2005 where I met Pinetop himself.