Friday, January 25, 2013

Great double siders - part 2

Continuing my list of great double sided 45s of the 50s and 60s, here's my choice from letters G to O. Only one record per artist, so it's almost impossible to decide with people like Jerry Lee Lewis and Little Richard and no doubt many people will disagree.

Marvin Gaye & Mary Wells – Once Upon A Time/What’s The Matter With You Baby (Stateside),
Marvin Gaye & Kim Weston – It Takes Two/ It’s Got To Be A Miracle (This Thing Called Love) (Tamla Motown),
Don Gibson – Oh Lonesome Me/I Can’t Stop Loving You (RCA),
Charlie Gracie – Fabulous/Just Lookin’ (Parlophone),
Bill Haley – Rockin’ Through The Rye/Hot Dog Buddy Buddy (Brunswick),
Slim Harpo – I’m A King Bee/Got Love If You Want It (Stateside),
Wynonie Harris – Luscious Woman/Lovin’ Machine (Vogue 78),
Ronnie Hawkins – Who Do You Love/Bo Diddley (Columbia),
High Numbers – Zoot Suit/I’m The Face (Fontana),
Eddie Hodges – I’m Gonna Knock On Your Door/Ain’t Gonna Wash For a Week (London),
Ron Holden – Love You So/My Babe (London),
Jimmy Holiday – Give Me Your Love/The Turning Point (Liberty),
Buddy Holly – Listen To me/I’m Gonna Love You Too (Coral),
Howlin’ Wolf – Smokestack Lightnin’/Going Down Slow (Pye Int),
Tab Hunter – Ninety Nine Ways/Don’t Get Around Much Any More (London),
Impressions – People Get Ready/I’ve Been Trying (HMV),
Wanda Jackson - Mean Mean Man/Honey Bop (Capitol),
Etta James – Tell Mama/I’d Rather Go Blind (Chess),
Jan & Dean – Surf City/She’s My Summer Girl (Liberty),
Jive Five – My True Story/When I Was Single (Parlophone),
Little Willie John – Let’s Rock While The Rockin’s Good/You’re A Sweetheart (Parlophone),
Mable John – It’s Catching/Your Good Thing (Is About To End) (Atlantic),
Johnny & the Hurricanes – Red River Rock/Buckeye (London),
Marv Johnson – Ain’t Gonna Be That Way/All the Love I’ve Got (London),
Jimmy Jones – I Just Go For You/That’s When I Cried (MGM),
Johnny Kidd – Shakin’ All Over/Yes Sir That’s My Baby (HMV),
Ben E King – Spanish Harlem/First Taste Of love (London),
Freddy King – Driving Sideways/Hideaway (Sue),
Patti Labelle – Take me For A Little While/I Don’t Want to Go On Without You (Atlantic),
Lafayettes – Life’s Too Short/Nobody But You (RCA),
Brenda Lee – Sweet Nuthin’s/Weep No More My Baby (Brunswick),
Curtis Lee – Under The Moon Of Love/Beverley Jean (London),
Barbara Lewis – Baby I’m Yours/Hello Stranger (Atlantic),
Jerry Lee Lewis – Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On/It’ll Be Me (London),
Little Richard – Long Tall Sally/Tutti Frutti (London),
Bonnie Lou – Tennessee Wig Walk/Just Out Of Reach (Parlophone),
Frankie Lymon – I’m Not A Juvenile Delinquent/Baby Baby (Columbia),
Majors – She’s A Troublemaker/A Little Bit Now (London),
Martha & The Vandellas – Jimmy Mack/Third Finger Left Hand (Tamla Motown),
Jimmy McCracklin – Think/Steppin’ Up In Class (Liberty),
Gene McDaniels – Chip Chip/Another Tear Falls (Liberty),
Chas McDevitt & Nancy Whiskey – Freight Train/The Cotton Song (Oriole),
Clyde McPhatter – Ta Ta/I Ain’t Givin’ Up Nothin’ (If I Can’t Get Something) (Mercury),
Mighty Sam – Badmouthin’/Fannie Mae (Stateside),
Garnet Mimms – I’ll Take Good Care Of You/Lookin’ For You (United Artists),
Miracles – I Like It Like That/You’re So Fine And Sweet (Stateside),
Ricky Nelson – It’s Late/Never Be Anyone Else But You (London),
Olympics – Western Movies/Well (HMV),
Roy Orbison – Runnin’ Scared/Love Hurts (London),
Johnny Otis – Castin’ My Spell/Telephone Baby (Capitol),

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home