Monday, August 27, 2012

Number twos

Back in June I listed the records that reached number one in my personal top ten between 1960 and 1965. As a follow up, here are the ones that reached number two. A few good ones here.
1960: String along - Fabian; Country boy - Fats Domino; I love the way you love - Marv Johnson; Let the little girl dance - Billy Bland; True love ways - Buddy Holly; When will I be loved - Everly Brothers; Rocking good way - Brook Benton & Dinah Washington; Walk don't run - Ventures; Wondrous place - Billy Fury; You gotta move two mountains - Marv Johnson; Ready for love - Jimmy Jones; Corrine Corrina - Ray Peterson.
1961: Rubber ball - Bobby Vee; Sad mood - Sam Cooke; Ram bunk shush - Ventures; Good time baby - Bobby Rydell; Havin' fun - Dion; Tear of the year - Jackie Wilson; I'm Hurtin' - Roy Orbison; But I do - Clarence Frogman Henry; Lullaby of the leaves - Ventures; Stick with me baby - Everly Brothers; Nature boy - Bobby Darin; Old Smokie - Johnny & the Hurricanes; Tell me that you love me  - Marv Johnson; Without you - Johnny Tillotson; This time - Troy Shondell; Feel it - Sam Cooke; Take five - Dave Brubeck; What a party - Fats Domino; Look at me - Buddy Holly; The avenger - Duane Eddy.
1962: Crying in the rain - Everly Brothers; Mr music man - Jimmy Jones; I got bonnie - Bobby Rydell; Hey little girl - Del Shannon; Young world - Rick Nelson; King of clowns - Neil Sedaka; What'd I say - Bobby Darin; Ginny come lately - Brian Hyland; I was born to cry - Dion; Palisades Park - Freddy Cannon; Havin' a party - Sam Cooke; Seven day weekend - Gary (US) Bonds; The loco-motion - Little Eva; She's not you - Elvis Presley; Wait til the sun shines Nellie - Buddy Holly; Point of no return - Gene McDaniels; Next door to an angel - Neil Sedaka; If you were a rock and roll record - Freddy Cannon; Keep your hands off my baby - Little Eva.
1963: My little girl - Crickets; Tell him - Exciters; Everybody loves a lover - Shirelles; Send me some loving - Sam Cooke; Good golly miss Molly - Jerry Lee Lewis; Do the bird - Dee Dee Sharpe; Two kinds of teardrops - Del Shannon; Don't say nothin' bad - Cookies; This little girl - Dion; Black cloud - Chubby Checker; Shake a hand - Jackie Wilson & Linda Hopkins; Bo Diddley - Bo Diddley; Patti baby - Freddy Cannon; Wipeout - Surfaris; Not me - Orlons; Don't say goodnight and mean goodbye - Shirelles; Hey girl - Freddie Scott; My boyfriend's back - Angels; Frankie & Johnny - Sam Cooke; Donna the prima donna - Dion; The girl sang the blues- Everly Brothers; Drip drop - Dion.
1964: Can I get a witness - Marvin Gaye; When the lovelight starts shining through his eyes - Supremes; Um um um um um um - Major Lance; Doo wah diddy - Exciters; Heigh ho - Big Dee Irwin; Lewis boogie - Jerry Lee Lewis; Sha la la - Shirelles; No particular place to go - Chuck Berry; Dimples - John Lee Hooker; Romeo and Juliet - Reflections; Evenin' - Jimmy Witherspoon; Mockingbird - Inez Foxx; I want to love him so bad - Jelly Beans; (The best part of) Breakin' up - Ronettes; You never can tell - Chuck Berry; Bread and butter - Newbeats; Oh Pretty woman - Roy Orbison; Rhythm - Major Lance; GTO - Ronny & the Daytonas; That's where it's at - Sam Cooke; Ain't that lovin' you baby - Elvis Presley; How sweet it is - Marvin Gaye; The jerk - Larks.
1965: Little things - Bobby Goldsboro; Don't mess up a good thing - Bobby McClure & Fontella Bass; I'll be doggone - Marvin Gaye; It's got the whole world shakin' - Sam Cooke; The price of love - Everly Brothers; Voodoo woman - Bobby Goldsboro; Wooly bully - Sam the Sham & the Pharaohs; Woman's got soul - Impressions; Respect - Otis Redding; California girls - Beach Boys; Sugar dumplings - Sam Cooke; Rescue me - Fontella Bass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home