Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Jazzfest schedule announced

The artist schedule for the New Orleans Jazzfest has been published and although it's fair to say that there are no real surprises, the second weekend looks quite promising and certainly the better of the two. The line up for that weekend includes Aretha Franklin, Neville Brothers, B B King, Irma Thomas, Allen Toussaint, Van Morrison, Sonny Landreth, Bernard Allison, Dee Dee Bridgewater, Clarence Frogman Henry, Aaron Neville, Dixie Cups, Henry Butler, Gene Delafoise and Warren Storm but possibly the most unmissable act is Clarence Carter, who was brilliant when I last saw him about 12 years ago. The full line up (but not yet the times and dates) is here http://www.nojazzfest.com/
Meanwhile I'm off to the sun. I'm flying out tomorrow to the Dominican Republic and I can't wait. One of the books I will be reading while I'm there is The Oracle of Del-Fi (do you get the pun?) - the life story of record producer Bob Keane, who died recently.
I would like to take this opportunity to wish my reader (there's probably only one!) a rocking Christmas and a Happy New Year!

2 Comments:

At 3:06 pm , Blogger ukkeith said...

Hi Nick, enjoy your trip. Not long until my favorite time of the year.21st Fest. I am sure you have a few more readers.KJ.

 
At 10:59 am , Blogger Private Beach said...

At least 2!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home