Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Top 45s from the early 60s

The Woodies favourite 45s list got me thinking about my favourite singles of all time. Hindsight being what it is, there are many records that I love now but either didn't notice or didn't like sufficiently at the time. But fortunately I have my personal top ten from 1960 to 1965 as a guide to what I liked as a teenager. Some of my favourites then look a little weak today, but most of my top 20 over that period still sound pretty good. So here goes - the top scoring 45s in my top ten of the early sixties:
1. Wonderful World - Sam Cooke
2. Nothing Can Change This Love - Sam Cooke
3. Once In a While - The Chimes
4= Palisades Park - Freddy Cannon
4= I Just Go For You - Jimmy Jones
6. Sandy - Dion
7. Hey Baby - Bruce Channel
8= Running Scared - Roy Orbison
8= Crying - Roy Orbison
10. Da Doo Ron Ron - The Crystals
11. Girls - Johnny Burnette
12. Only The Lonely - Roy Orbison
13. Sad Mood - Sam Cooke
14= Sp Long Baby - Del Shannon
14= He's Sure the Boy I Love - The Crystals
16= Lipstick Traces - Benny Spellman
16= He's So Fine - The Chiffons
18. Hey Little Girl - Del Shannon
19. He's A Rebel - The Crystals
20. You've Gotta Move Two Mountains - Marv Johnson

1 Comments:

At 2:30 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed! You've got great taste in music!

--www.ourunclesam.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home