Thursday, November 29, 2007

Top 20s - 1964/65

Continuing the theme of the last blog, here are my top 20 scoring 45s of 1964 and 1965, as recorded at the time:
1964
1. I get around - The Beach Boys
2. Baby I need your loving - Four Tops
3. My guy - Mary Wells
4= Shoop shoop song - Betty Everett (pictured left)
4= When I grow up - The Beach Boys
6. Nadine - Chuck Berry
7. Where did our love go - Supremes
8= Hi heel sneakers - Tommy Tucker
8= No particular place to go - Chuck Berry
10= When you walk in the room - Jackie DeShannon
10= Needle in a haystack - Velvelettes
12= Evenin' - Jimmy Witherspoon
12= Dancing in the street - Martha & the Vandellas
12= Oh no not my baby - Maxine Brown
15. Dance dance dance - The Beach Boys
16= Good news - Sam Cooke
16= Good times - Sam Cooke
18. Louie Louie - The Kingsmen
19. Walk on by - Dionne Warwick
20= I wonder - The Crystals
20=Bama lama bama lu - Little Richard
1965
1. Hold what you've got - Joe Tex
2. In the midnight hour - Wilson Pickett
3. People get ready - Impressions
4. Shake - Sam Cooke
5. Mr Pitiful - Otis Redding
6. Treat her right - Roy Head
7. Respect - Otis Redding
8. Voice your choice - The Radiants
9. You've lost that loving feeling - Righteous Brothers
10. I can't help myself - Four Tops
11= Yield not to temptation - Bobby Bland
11= It's too late baby - Arthur Prysock
13. King of the road - Roger Miller
14. 1-2-3 - Len Barry
15. My girl - Temptations
16= Don't mess up a good thing - Boby McClure & Fontella Bass
16= Woolly Bully - Sam the Sham & the Pharaohs
18= It's wonderful to be in love - The Ovations
18= Sugar dumplings - Sam Cooke
20. It's got the whole world shaking - Sam Cooke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home