Saturday, March 03, 2007

New Orleans update

I've now booked my flights, car rental and the first few nights' hotel accommodation in New Orleans for Jazzfest. As it gets closer I'm beginning to feel the usual excitement about my trip. The line up is pretty strong, although so many of the New Orleans greats have died over the years that inevitably it cannot match the festivals of a few years ago. Still, there are plenty of interesting people to see, including one or two who I haven't seen before, including Bobby Charles. And then there's the Ponderosa Stomp to look forward to, which will no doubt prove to be a night to remember despite its move this year to the House of Blues, with its annoying no photography rule.
A few weeks ago I came across a website called MelodyTrip and I'm hoping to do a blog for them on my experiences at the first weekend of Jazzfest this year. Take a look at http://melodytrip.com/Community/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home