Sunday, February 25, 2007

More classic top tens

Some more personal favourites from 1961-65 as recorded at the time (some fantastic tracks here - and one or two naff ones):
Feb 25, 1961: 1. Ja-da - Johnny & the Hurricanes; 2. Once in a while - The Chimes; 3. Shop around - The Miracles; 4. Sad mood - Sam Cooke; 5. Happy days - Marv Johnson; 6. Wooden heart - Elvis Presley; 7. I'm learning about love - Brenda Lee; 8. Ram bunk shush - The Ventures; 9. Calendar girl - Neil Sedaka; 10. I count the tears - The Drifters.
Feb 26, 1962: 1. Please don't ask about Barbara - Bobby Vee; 2. Dream baby - Roy Orbison; 3. Twistin' the night away - Sam Cooke; 4. Hey baby - Bruce Channel; 5. Do re mi - Lee Dorsey; 6. I got bonnie - Bobby Rydell; 7. I know - Barbara George; 8. A matter of moments - Mark Dinning; 9. I'm talking about you - Tony Orlando; 10. Dear lady twist - Gary US Bonds.
Feb 28, 1963: 1, Sandy - Dion; 2. In dreams - Roy Orbison; 3. He's sure the boy I love - The Crystals; 4. Send me some loving - Sam Cooke; 5. Wild weekend - Rocking Rebels; 6. Old smokey locomotion - Little Eva; 7. Don't make me over - Dionne Warwick; 8. Come on and love me - Freddy Cannon; 9. Everybody loves a lover - The Shirelles; 10= The puzzle - Gene McDaniels, and Every day I have to cry - Steve Alaimo.
Feb 27, 1964: 1. Nadine - Chuck Berry; 2. I wonder - The Crystals; 3= What kind of fool - The Tams, and Good news - Sam Cooke; 5= That girl belongs to yesterday - Gene Pitney, and Abigail Beecher - Freddy Cannon; 7. Hi-heel sneakers - Tommy Tucker; 8. California sun - The Rivieras; 9. Doo wah diddy diddy - The Exciters; 10. Borne on the wind - Roy Orbison.
Feb26, 1965: 1. Yield not to temptation - Bobby Bland; 2. My girl - The Temptations; 3. Hold what you've got - Joe Tex; 4. Have mercy baby - James Brown; 5. Don't let me be misunderstood - Nina Simone; 6. Voice your choice - The Radiants; 7. Shake - Sam Cooke; 8. Jerk and twine - Jackie Ross; 9. Boy from New York city - The The Ad-libs; 10. The in crowd- Dobie Gray

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home