Monday, February 12, 2007

February top tens

More golden oldies from my top tens 1961-65:
Feb 10, 1961: 1. Shop around - The Miracles; 2. Walk right back - Everly Brothers; 3. Sad mood - Sam Cooke; 4. Happy days - Marv Johnson; 5. What to do - Buddy Holly; 6. Calendar girl - Neil Sedaka; 7. Will you love me tomorrow - The Shirelles; 8. Angel baby - Rosie & the Originals; 9. Piltdown rides again - Piltdown Men; 10= Are you lonesome tonight - Elvis Presley, and Leave my kitten alone - Johnny Preston.
Feb 14, 1962: 1. Twistin' the night away - Sam Cooke; 2. I got bonnie - Bobby Rydell; 3. Dear lady twist - Gary US Bonds; 4. Chip chip - Gene McDaniels; 5. I'm talking about you - Tony Orlando; 6. Be a leader - Lloyd Price; 7. Twisting all night long - Danny & the Juniors; 8. A matter of moments - Mark Dinning; 9. Baby it's you - The Shirelles; 10. A little too much - Clarence Frogman Henry.
Feb 14, 1963: 1. He's sure the boy I love - The Crystals; 2. Send me some loving - Sam Cooke; 3. Come on and love me - Freddy Cannon; 4. Everybody loves a lover - The Shirelles; 5. Little town flirt - Del Shannon; 6. You're all grown up - Johnny Horton; 7= Alice in wonderland - Neil Sedaka, and Ruby baby - Dion; 9. That's life (that's tough) - Gabriel & the Angels; 10. Like I've never been gone - Billy Fury.
Feb 12, 1964: 1. Nadine - Chuck Berry; 2. Doo wah diddy - The Exciters; 3. I wonder - The Crystals; 4= Um um um um um um - Major Lance, and Anyone who had a heart - Dionne Warwick; 6. I'm talking about my baby - The Impressions; 7. What kind of fool - The Tams; 8. Tonight you're gonna fall in love with me - The Shirelles; 9. Monkey diddle - Bo Diddley; 10= Louie Louie - The Kingsmen, and When the lovelight starts shining in his eyes - The Supremes.
Feb 13, 1965: 1. Hold what you've got - Joe Tex; 2. Shake - Sam Cooke; 3. The name game - Shirley Ellis; 4. Don't let me be misunderstood - Nina Simone; 5. Twine time - Alvin Cash & the Crawlers; 6. Leader of the pack - Shangri-Las; 7. Amen - The Impressions; 8. The in crowd - Dobie Gray; 9. You've lost that lovin' feeling - Righteous Brothers; 10. Jolly green giant - The Kingsmen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home