Saturday, December 02, 2006

My last top ten

Readers of this blog will know that I kept a list of my top ten favourite 45s from 1960 to 1965. My last entry - the 408th in all - was on December 1, 1965. Here are my top tens from around this date:
Dec 2, 1960: 1. Poetry in motion - Johnny Tillotson; 2. Perfidia - The Ventures; 3. Put your arms around me honey - Fats Domino; 4. Hushabye little guitar - Paul Evans; 5. Learning the game - Buddy Holly; 6. Ready for love - Jimmy Jones; 7. Is it me? - Tracey Pendarvis; 8. Last date - Floyd Cramer; 9. You've got to move two mountains - Marv Johnson; 10. Wonderful world - Sam Cooke (re-entry).
Dec 4, 1961: 1. So long baby - Del Shannon; 2. Happy birthday sweet 16 - Neil Sedaka; 3. Look at me - Buddy Holly; 4. Johnny will - Pat Boone; 5. Happy times - Marv Johnson; 6. What a party - Fats Domino; 7. Blue moon - The Marcels; 8. Joy joy joy - Little Richard; 9. God, country and my baby - Johnny Burnette; 10. Goodbye cruel world - James Darren.
Dec 1, 1962: 1. Stop the music - The Shirelles; 2. If you were a rock & roll record - Freddy Cannon; 3. Keep your hands off my baby - Little Eva; 4. Nothing can change this love - Sam Cooke; 5. Up on the roof - The Drifters; 6. Susie darling - Tommy Roe; 7= Leah - Roy Orbison, Return to sender - Elvis Presley, and Come on little angel - The Belmonts; 10= Let's go - The Routers, and Ride - Dee Dee Sharpe.
Dec 3, 1963: 1. Swinging on a star - Big Dee Irwin; 2. Drip drop - Dion; 3. Run Rudolph run - Chuck Berry; 4. Walking the dog - Rufus Thomas; 5. 24 hours from Tulsa - Gene Pitney; 6. Bo Diddley is a lover - Bo Diddley; 7. Fine fine boy - Darlene Love; 8. I'm leaving it up to you - Dale & Grace; 9. You lost the sweetest boy - Mary Wells; 10. Be my baby - The Ronettes.
Dec 2, 1964: 1. Needle in a haystack - Velvelettes; 2. Dancing in the street - Martha & the Vandellas; 3. How sweet it is - Marvin Gaye; 4. Don't turn your back on me - Jackie DeShannon; 5= When I grow up - The Beach Boys, and Dance dance dance - the Beach Boys; 7. Big man in town - Four Seasons; 8. Oh no not my baby - Maxine Brown; 9. Ride the wild surf - Jan & Dean; 10. Walkin' in the rain - The Ronettes.
Dec 1, 1965. 1. My girl - Otis Redding; 2. Rescue me - Fontella Bass; 3. You're gonna make me cry - O V Wright; 4. Don't fight it - Wilson Pickett; 5. Everything's gonna be alright - Willie Mitchell; 6. All or nothing - Patti LaBelle & the Bluebelles; 7. 1-2-3 - Len Barry; 8. Ain't that peculiar - Marvin Gaye; 9. Don't have to shop around - The Mad Lads; 10= These hands - Bobby Bland, and My girl has gone - The Miracles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home