Saturday, November 25, 2006

More top tens

My favourites, as recorded at the time, from around this date 1960-65. Motown had really hit its stride by 1964 and there were some classic soul records in 65.
Nov 22, 1960: 1. Perfidia - The Ventures; 2. Learning the game - Buddy Holly; 3. Poetry in motion - Johnny Tillotson; 4. Ready for love - Jimmy Jones; 5= You talk too much - Joe Jones, and Somebody to love - Bobby Darin; 7. Is it me? - Tracey Pendarvis; 8. Charming Billy - Johnny Preston; 9. Last date - Floyd Cramer; 10= Don't be cruel - Bill Black's Combo, and You've got to move two mountains - Marv Johnson.
Nov 22, 1961: 1. Under the moon of love - Curtis Lee; 2. What a party - Fats Domino; 3, God, country and my baby - Johnny Burnette; 4. So long baby - Del Shannon; 5. Look at me - Buddy Holly; 6. Crazy - Patsy Cline; 7. Feel it - Sam Cooke; 8. Jeannie Jeannie jeannie - Eddie Cochran; 9. Take good care of my baby - Bobby Vee; 10. For me and my gal - Freddy Cannon.
Nov 23, 1962: 1. Up on the roof - The Drifters; 2. Nothing can change this love - Sam Cooke; 3. If you were a rock and roll record - Freddy Cannon; 4= Stop the music - The Shirelles, and Return to sender - Elvis Presley; 6. He's a rebel - The Crystals; 7. Next door to an angel - Neil Sedaka; 8= Ride - Dee Dee Sharpe, Leah - Roy Orbison, Only love can break a heart - Gene Pitney; Susie darling - Tommy Roe, and Rocking around the Christmas tree - Brenda Lee.
Nov 20, 1963: 1. Walkin' the dog - Rufus Thomas; 2. Drip drop - Dion; 3. Swinging on a star - Big Dee Irwin; 4. Be my baby - The Ronettes; 5. I'm leaving it up to you - Dale & Grace; 6. Bo Diddley is a lover - Bo Diddley; 7. You lost the sweetest boy - Mary Wells; 8. The girl sang the blues - Everly Brothers; 9. 24 hours from Tulsa - Gene Pitney; 10. Deep purple - Nino Tempo & April Stevens.
Nov 22, 1964: 1. Dancing in the street - Martha & the Vandellas; 2. When I grow up - The Beach Boys; 3. Needle in a haystack - The Velvelettes; 4. Don't turn your back one me - Jackie DeShannon; 5. How sweet it is - Marvin Gaye; 6. Walking in the rain - The Ronettes; 7= Ride the wild surf - Jan & Dean, and Any day now - Chuck Jackson; 9= Gone gone gone - Everly Brothers, Little Honda - Hondells, and He's in town - The Tokens.
Nov 24, 1965: 1. My girl - Otis Redding; 2. Rescue me - Fontella Bass; 3. Don't fight it - Wilson Pickett; 4. 1-2-3 - Len Barry; 5. These hands - Bobby Bland; 6. You're gonna make me cry - O V Wright; 7. Treat her right - Roy Head; 8. My baby - The Temptations; 9. Let's hang on - The Four Seasons; 10. Sugar dumplings - Sam Cooke.

2 Comments:

At 6:01 pm , Blogger rodgerlee said...

hi nick

i'm chasing an mp3 of "that's life" by gabriel & the angels...can you help..??

www.modstyle.blogspot.com

 
At 9:33 pm , Blogger Nick said...

I've got the original single on Stateside - great under rated 45 - but I don't know about an mp3 of it. I could record it on a minidisc I suppose. Any use?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home