Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Classic top tens continued

Some more golden oldies from my top tens 1960-65:
Nov 13, 1960: 1. Learning the game - Buddy Holly; 2= Ready for love - Jimmy Jones, & Perfidia - Ventures; 4. Blue angel - Roy Orbison; 5. Devil or angel - Bobby Vee; 6= Somebody to love - Bobby Darin, & Save the last dance for me - Drifters; 8. The twist - Chubby Checker; 9. You talk too much - Joe Jones; 10. You've got to move two mountains - Marv Johnson.
Nov 15, 1961: 1. Under the moon of love - Curtis Lee; 2. Take good care of my baby - Bobby Vee; 3. Feel it - Sam Cooke; 4. What a party - Fats Domino; 5. God country and my baby - Johnny Burnette; 6. Crazy - Patsy Cline; 7. September in the rain - Dinah Washington; 8= Jeannie Jeannie Jeannie - Eddie Cochran, & My heart belongs to you - Jackie Wilson; 10= Take five - Dave Brubeck, & For me and my gal - Freddy Cannon.
Nov 17, 1962: 1. Nothing can change this love - Sam Cooke; 2. Next door to an angel - Neil Sedaka; 3. He's a rebel - Crystals; 4. Up on the roof - Drifters; 5. Baby face - Bobby Darin; 6. Heartaches - Patsy Cline; 7. Working for the man - Roy Orbison; 8. Rockin' around the Christmas tree - Brenda Lee; 9. Guitar man - Duane Eddy; 10. Let's dance - Christ Montez.
Nov 17, 1963: 1. Walking the dog - Rufus Thomas; 2. Be my baby - Ronettes; 3. Drip drop - Dion; 4. Swinging on a star - Big Dee Irwin; 5. I'm leaving it up to you - Dale & Grace; 6. The girl sang the blues - Everly Brothers; 7. You lost the sweetest boy - Mary Wells; 8. Deep purple - Nino Tempo & April Stevens; 9. What does a girl do - Everly Brothers; 10. It's all right - Impressions.
Nov 12, 1964: 1. Dancing in the street - Martha & the Vandellas; 2. When I grow up - Beach Boys; 3. Ain't that loving you baby - Elvis Presley; 4. Little Honda - Hondells; 5. He's in town - Tokens; 6= Ride the wild surf - Jan & Dean, and Walking in the rain - Ronettes; 8= Any day now - Chuck Jackson, That's where it's at - Sam Cooke, & Don't turn your back on me - Jackie DeShannon.
Nov 18, 1965: 1. 1-2-3 - Len Barry; 2. My girl - Otis Redding; 3. Rescue me - Fontella Bass; 4. Treat her right - Roy Head; 5. Don't fight it - Wilson Pickett; 6. These hands - Bobby Bland; 7. My heart belongs to you- Wilson Pickett; 8. Sugar dumplings - Sam Cooke; 9. My baby - Temptations; 10. No pity in the naked city = Jackie Wilson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home