Thursday, September 07, 2006

September classic top tens '60-65

More from my personal top ten lists 1960-65:
Sept 10, 1960: 1. I just go for you - Jimmy Jones; 2. Please help me I'm falling - Hank Lochlin; 3. It ain't gonna be that way - Marv Johnson; 4. MacDonald's cave - Piltdown men; 5. Yogi - The Ivy Three; 6. Only the lonely - Roy Orbison; 7= Walk don't run - The Ventures, and White cliffs of Dover - Acker Bilk; 9. Everybody's somebody's fool - Connie Francis; 10. Let's think about living - Bob Luman.
Sept 7, 1961: 1. Hats off to Larry - Del Shannon; 2. Cryin' - Roy Orbison; 3. Tell me that you love me - Marv Johnson; 4. Girls - Johnny Burnette; 5. Sea of heartbreak - Don Gibson; 6= You don't know what you've got - Ral Donner, and I like it like that - Chris Kenner; 8. Without you - Johnny Tillotson; 9. Pretty little angel eyes - Curtis Lee; 10= Drivin' home - Duane Eddy, and Together - Connie Francis.
Sept 7, 1962: 1. I wanna thank your folks - Johnny Burnette; 2. Cry myself to sleep - Del Shannon; 3. When summer's gone - Freddy Cannon; 4. She's not you - Elvis Presley; 5. Little Diane - Dion; 6. Reminiscing - Buddy Holly; 7. Sheila - Tommy Roe; 8. The Loco-motion - Little Eva; 9= It's started all over again - Brenda Lee, You're much too young - Jimmy Jones, and Teenage idol - Rick Nelson.
Sept 7, 1963: 1. Then he kissed me - The Crystals; 2. Hey girl - Freddie Scott; 3. My boyfriend's back - The Angels; 4. Frankie and Johnny - Sam Cooke; 5. Don't say goodnight and mean goodbye - The Shirelles; 6. Surf city - Jan and Dean; 7= Shake shake shake - Jackie Wilson, and Two silhouettes - Del Shannon; 9= Come go with me - Dion, Everybody monkey - Freddy Cannon, and Nobody but me - The Isley Brothers.
Sept 9, 1964: 1. Where did our love go - The Supremes; 2. I'm into something good - Earl-Jean; 3. Ain't nothing you can do - Bobby Bland; 4. You never can tell - Chuck Berry; 5= Bread and butter - The Newbeats, and The little old lady from Pasadena - Jan and Dean; 7= You're so fine and sweet - The Miracles, and Rag doll - Four Seasons; 9= I get around - The Beach Boys, C'mon and swim - Bobby Freeman, Dissatisfied woman - Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee, and I want to love him so bad - The Jelly Beans
Sept 7, 1965: 1. In the midnight hour - Wilson Pickett; 2. Respect - Otis Redding; 3. Ju ju hand - Sam the Sham & the Pharaohs; 4. California girls - The beach Boys; 5. I put a spell on you - Nina Simone; 6. It's wonderful to be in love - The Ovations; 7. Ride your pony - Lee Dorsey; 8. Since I lost my baby - The Temptations; 9. Papa's got a brand new bag - James Brown; 10= One step at a time - Maxine Brown, and I'll never get over you - Everly Brothers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home