Sunday, August 20, 2006

Classic top tens continued

More of my personal top tens from around this date 1960-65: (new entries marked *)
August 18, 1960: 1. Please help me I'm falling - Hank Lochlin; 2. Only the lonely - Roy Orbison; 3. It ain't gonna be that way - Marv Johnson; 4. I just go for you* - Jimmy Jones; 5. Mission bell - Donnie Brooks; 6. Everybody's somebody's fool - Connie Francis; 7. Walking to New Orleans - Fats Domino; 8. Alley oop - Hollywood Argylls; 9. Wonderful world - Sam Cooke; 10. I love the way you love - Marv Johnson.
August 20, 1961: 1. Baby face - Bobby Vee; 2. Girls - Johnny Burnette; 3. Tell me that you love me* - Marv Johnson; 4. Sea of heartbreak - Don Gibson; 5. Tell me why - Belmonts; 6. A tear* - Gene McDaniels; 7. Te ta te ta ta - Ernie K-Doe; 8. Merry go round* - Marv Johnson; 9. The fish - Bobby Rydell; 10. Cupid - Sam Cooke.
August 25, 1962: 1. Sealed with a kiss - Brian Hyland; 2. Seven day weekend - Gary US Bonds; 3. Cry myself to sleep* - Del Shannon; 4. The locomotion* - Little Eva; 5. She's not you* - Elvis Presley; 6. Teenage idol* - Rick Nelson; 7. Bring it on home to me* - Sam Cooke; 8= Mary's little lamb* - James Darren, Ballad of Paladin* - Duane Eddy, Lipstick traces - Benny Spellman, Palisades Park - Freddy Cannon, and Vacation - Connie Francis.
August 19, 1963: 1. Surf city - Jan & Dean; 2, Come go with me - Dion; 3. Two silhouettes - Del Shannon; 4. Don't say goodnight & mean goodbye - Shirelles; 5. Not me - The Orlons; 6. Shake shake shake* - Jackie Wilson; 7. Blowing in the wind* - Peter Paul & Mary; 8. Twist it up* - Chubby Checker; 9. Just one look* - Doris Troy; 10= Detriot City* - Bobby Bare, and Fingertips - Little Stevie Wonder.
August 24, 1964: 1. I'm into something good* - Earl-Jean; 2. You never can tell* - Chuck Berry; 3. I get around - The Beach Boys; 4. C'mon and swim - Bobby Freeman; 5= Dissatisfied woman - Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee, and Ain't nothing you can do* - Bobby Bland; 7= Good times - Sam Cooke, Little old lady from Pasadena* - Jan & Dean, Under the Boardwalk - The Drifters; 10= Rag doll* - The Four Seasons, I want to love him so bad - The Jelly Beans, and The best part of breakin' up - The Ronettes.
August 16, 1965: 1. In the midnight hour - Wilson Pickett; 2. Respect - Otis Redding; 3. It's wonderful to be in love - The Ovations; 4. I put a spell on you* - Nine Simone; 5. Ju ju hand* - Sam the Sham & the Pharaohs; 6. I'll never get over you* - Everly Brothers; 7. Ride your pony* - Lee Dorsey; 8. It's an easy question* - Elvis Presley; 9. Papa's got a brand new bag - James Brown; 10= Woman's got soul - The Impressions; Woolly Bully - Sam the Sham, and I can't help myself - Four Tops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home