Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Classic top tens

Some classic 45s were in my personal top tens from around this date 1960-65:
July 22, 1960: 1. Only the lonely - Roy Orbison; 2= When will I be loved - Everly Brothers, and Rockin' Good Way - Brook Benton & Dinah Washington; 4. Alley Oop - Hollywood Argylls; 5= Wonderful world - Sam Cooke, and Please help me I'm falling - Hank Lochlin; 7. Ain't gonna be that way - Marv Johnson; 8. Mess of blues - Elvis Presley; 9. He'll have to go - Jim Reeves; 10= I love the way you love - Marv Johnson, and Walkin' to New Orleans - Fats Domino.
July 24, 1961: 1. Girls - Johnny Burnett; 2. Baby face - Bobby Vee; 3. Cupid - Sam Cooke; 4. Quarter to three - U S Bonds; 5. How many tears - Bobby Vee; 6. Dum dum - Brenda Lee; 7. Nature boy - Bobby Darin; 8. I'm coming on back to you - Jackie Wilson; 9. Old Smokey - Johnny & the Hurricanes; 10. Te ta te ta ta - Ernie K-Doe.
July 24, 1962: 1. Lipstick traces - Benny Spellman; 2. Palisades Park - Freddy Cannon; 3. Things - Bobby Darin; 4. Little bitty pretty one - Clyde McPhatter; 5. I'll never dance again - Bobby Rydell; 6. The stripper - David Rose; 7. Dancin' party - Chubby Checker; 8. Chills - Tony Orlando; 9. Gravy - Dee Dee Sharpe; 10. Ya ya - Lee Dorsey.
July 25, 1963: 1. Easier said than done - The Essex; 2. Come go with me - Dion; 3. Go go go - Chuck Berry; 4. Shame shame shame - Jimmy Reed; 5. Patti baby - Freddy Cannon; 6. Boom boom - John Lee Hooker; 7. Not too young to get married - Bob B Soxx & the Blue Jeans; 8= Shake a tailfeather - Five Du-Tones, Wipe out - The Surfaris, One fine day - The Chiffons, and Rock me in the cradle of love - Dee Dee Sharpe.
July 26, 1964: 1. I get around - The Beach Boys; 2. Good times - Sam Cooke; 3. Mockingbird - Charlie & Inex Foxx; 4. I want to love him so bad - The Jelly Beans; 5. Every little bit hurts - Brenda Holloway; 6. Keep on pushing - The Impressions; 7. All grown up - The Crystals; 8. You'll never get to heaven - Dionne Warwick; 9. Evenin' - Jimmy Witherspoon; 10= What's the matter with you baby - Marvin Gaye & Mary Wells, Ain't love good-ain't love proud - Tony Clarke, and Hurt by love - Inez Foxx.
July 18, 1965: 1. It's wonderful to be in love - The Ovations; 2. Woman's got soul - The Impressions; 3. Woolly Bully - Sam the Sham & the Pharaohs; 4. Respect - Otis Redding; 5. I can't help myself - The Four Tops; 6. Incense - The Anglos; 7. I do - The Marvelows; 8. Boomerang - Junior Walker; 9. Pride and joy - Marvin Gaye; 10. Nothing can stop me - Gene Chandler.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home