Thursday, June 22, 2006

Some more top tens

Once again, here are my personal top twns from around this date in 1960 to 1965. Some embarrassing ones in 1960 I'm afraid (I was young, impressionable etc etc...):
June 23, 1960: 1. Please don't tease - Cliff Richard; 2. Wonderful world - Sam Cooke; 3. When Johnny comes marching home - Adam Faith; 4. What a mouth - Tommy Steele; 5. Good timin' - Jimmy Jones; 6. Down yonder - Johnny & the Hurricanes; 7. That's love - Billy Fury; 8. Walking the floor over you - Pat Boone; 9. Angela Jones - Michael Cox; 10= True love ways - Buddy Holly, and He'll have to go - Jim Reeves.
June 23, 1961: 1. I feel so bad - Elvis Presley; 2. Baby I don't care - Buddy Holly; 3. That's why - Donnie Brooks; 4. It keeps rainin' - Fats Domino; 5, Weekend - Eddie Cochran; 6. Stick with me baby - Everly Brothers; 7. That old black magic - Bobby Rydell; 8. Running scared - Roy Orbison; 9. Pasadena - Temperance Seven; 10. Hello Mary Lou - Ricky Nelson.
June 22, 1962: 1. The crowd - Roy Orbison; 2. Palisades Park - Freddy Cannon; 3. Here comes that feeling - Brenda Lee; 4. Having a party - Sam Cooke; 5. Number one man - Bruce Channel; 6. Soldier boy - The Shirelles; 7. I can't stop loving you - Ray Charles; 8. How is Julie - The Lettermen; 9. I was born to cry - Dion; 10. It keeps right on a-hurting - Johnny Tillotson.
June 24, 1963: 1. Da doo ron ron - The Crystals; 2. Shake a hand - Jackie Wilson & Linda Hopkins; 3. Surfin' USA - The Beach Boys; 4. Black cloud - Chubby Checker; 5. Bo Diddley - Bo Diddley; 6. It's my party - Lesley Gore; 7. Rocking crickets - Rocking rebels; 8. Bird's the word - The Rivingtons; 9. Mad goose - Piltdown Men; 10. Blue on blue - Bobby Vinton.
June 22, 1964: 1. When you walk in the room - Jackie DeShannon; 2. Evenin' - Jimmy Witherspoon; 3. Bama lama bama lu - Little Richard; 4= Black night - Arthur Alexander, and I get around - The Beach Boys; 6. Every little bit hurts - Brenda Holloway; 7. Lonely heart - Carl Perkins; 8. Romeo and Juliet - The Reflections; 9. Dimples - John Lee Hooker; 10. My guy - Mary Wells.
June 18, 1965: 1. Help me Rhonda - The Beach Boys; 2. I can't help myself - The Four Tops; 3. Voodoo woman - Bobby Goldsboro; 4. I've been loving you too long - Otis Redding; 5. Something you got - Chuck Jackson & Maxine Brown; 6. Tonight's the night - Solomon Burke; 7. Mr Pitiful - Otis Redding; 8. Woolly bully - Sam the Sham & the Pharaohs; 9. It ain't me babe - Johnny Cash; 10. Maggie's farm - Solomon Burke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home