Wednesday, May 03, 2006

My top ten May 1960-65

My personal top tens from around this date as recorded at the time:
May 10th 1960: 1. Got a girl - The Four Preps; 2. I love the way you love - Marv Johnson; 3. What in the world's come over you - Jack Scott; 4. Shazam - Duane Eddy; 5. Baby my heart - The Crickets; 6. Let the little girl dance - Billy Bland; 7. Sweet nuthin's - Brenda Lee; 8. He'll have to go - Jim Reeves; 9. Chatanooga choo choo - Freddy Cannon; 10. Who could be bluer - Jerry Lordan.
May 5th 1961: 1. Mother in law - Ernie K-Doe; 2. Hey little devil - Neil Sedaka; 3. What'd I say - Jerry Lee Lewis; 4. Lullaby of the leaves - The Ventures; 5. Running scared - Roy Orbison; 6. More than I can say - Bobby Vee; 7. Runaway - Del Shannon; 8. But I do - Clarence Frogman Henry; 9. Love my life away - Gene Pitney; 10. Stayin' in - Bobby Vee.
May 6th 1962: 1. Don't play that song - Ben E King; 2. Salvation - Johnny & the Hurricanes; 3. Ginny come lately - Brian Hyland; 4= What'd I say -Bobby Darin and Twist twist senora - Gary US Bonds; 6. Lose your inhibitions twist - Chubby Checker; 7. Lover please - Clyde McPhatter; 8. A night at Daddy Gee's - Curtis Lee; 9. Last night was made for love - Billy Fury; 10. King of clowns - Neil Sedaka.
May 5th 1963: 1. Foolish little girl - The Shirelles; 2. If you wanna be happy - Jimmy Soul; 3. This little girl - Dion; 4. Another Saturday night - Sam Cooke; 5. Don't say nothin' bad - The Cookies; 6. Two kinds of teardrops - Del Shannon; 7. He's so fine - The Chiffons; 8. Killer Joe - The Rocky Fellers; 9. I got what I wanted - Brook Benton; 10. Forget him - Bobby Rydell.
May 7th 1964: 1. Shoop shoop song - Betty Everett; 2. My guy - Mary Wells; 3. No particular place to go - Chuck Berry; 4= Sha-la-la - The Shirelles and You're a wonderful one - Marvin Gaye; 6. Dead man's curve - Jan & Dean; 7. The matador - Major Lance; 8. I'm so proud - The Impressions; 9. The way you do the things you do - The Temptations; 10= Walk on by - Dionne Warwick and Ask me Inex Foxx.
May 9th 1965: 1. People get ready - The Impressions; 2, It's got the whole world shakin' - Sam Cooke; 3. Mr Pitiful - Otis Redding; 4. I'll be doggone - Marvin Gaye; 5. Why don't you do right - Fats Domino; 6. Got to get you off my mind - Solomon Burke; 7. Don't mess up a good thing - Bobby McClure & Fontella Bass; 8. Peaches and cream - The Ikettes; 9. Ooh baby baby - The Miracles; 10. Let's stick together - Wilbert Harrison.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home