Wednesday, February 22, 2006

February top 10s

A trip down memory lane with my personal top tens from February 1961 to 1965:
Feb 22nd 1961: 1. Ja-da Johnny & the Hurricanes; 2. Shop Around The Miracles; 3. Sad mood Sam Cooke; 4. Walk right back Everly Brothers; 5. Happy days Marv Johnson; 6. I'm Learning about love Brenda Lee; 7. Ram Bunk Shush The Ventures; 8. Calendar girl Neil Sedaka; 9. Wheels The String-a-longs; 10=I count the tears The Drifters and Once in a while The Chimes.
Feb 21st 1962: 1. Twistin the night away Sam Cooke; 2. Please don't ask about Barbara Bobby Vee; 3. Do re mi Lee Dorsey; 4= Dream baby Roy Orbison and I got Bonnie Bobby Rydell; 6. A matter of moments Mark Dinning; 7. Dear lady twist Gary US Bonds; 8. Hey baby Bruce Channel; 9. I'm talking about you Chuck Berry; 10. Be a leader Lloyd Price.
Feb 21st 1963: He's sure the boy I love The Crystals; 2. Send me some loving Sam Cooke; 3. In dreams Roy Orbison; 4. Sandy Dion; 5. Come on and love me Freddy Cannon; 6. Everybody loves a lover The Shirelles; 7. Don't make me over Dionne Warwick; 8. Wild weekend Rockin' Rebels; 9= Little town flirt Del Shannon, Alice in wonderland Neil Sedaka and You're all grown up Johnny Horton.
Feb 23rd 1964: 1= Nadine Chuck Berry and I wonder The Crystals; 3. Good news Sam Cooke; 4. What kind of fool The Tams; 5. Abigail Beecher Freddy Cannon; 6. Doo wah diddy The Exciters; 7= That girl belongs to yesterday Gene Pitney and Borne on the wind Roy Orbison; 9. Who cares Fats Domino; 10. Um um um um um um Major Lance.
Feb 21st 1965: 1. Yield not to temptation Bobby Bland; 2. Hold what you've got Joe Tex; 3. Have mercy baby James Brown; 4. My girl The Temptations; 5. Shake Sam Cooke; 6. Please don't let me be misunderstood Nina Simone; 7. The In crowd Dobie Gray; 8. Boy from New York City The Ad-libs; 9. The name game Shirley Eliis; 10= Twine time Alvin Cash & the Crawlers and Wild one Martha and the Vandellas.
More next month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home